Hudson Valley-based IT Company is seeking full-time, experienced field technicians to join our fast-growing helpdesk team. This is a great opportunity for someone looking to grow their career within a high performing IT team.
The Field Service Technician will be traveling to and working in customer facilities, interacting, and communicating with the customers to keep their computer equipment and networks operating efficiently.
The ideal candidate will have at least 3 years of PC troubleshooting experience, familiarity with AD server domains and LAN/WAN networking and is proficient with diagnosis and repair of PC desktops and applications.
Field Service Technicians need to be self-motivated, self-directed, highly responsible, and able to work both independently and as part of a team. Excellent communication skills are needed to successfully interact with co-workers, managers, and customers.
- Must have a minimum of 3 years professional experience in the field of IT
- Must have a minimum of 1 year professional experience working with Microsoft Windows server environments
- Must have a minimum of 1 year professional experience supporting IP networking in a corporate/enterprise environment
- Windows Desktop 10/11
- Windows Server 2012R2-2019
- Active Directory / Group Policies / DNS & DHCP
- Exchange 2013-2019
- Microsoft 365
- Citrix experience is a plus
- Azure experience is a plus
- Enterprise certifications are a plus
- Backup and disaster recovery/continuity solutions such as Datto and Veeam are a plus
Qualifications and Skills:
- Experience maintaining routers and firewalls such as Cisco, WatchGuard, and Sonicwall
- Experience maintaining networking equipment such as Cisco, Dell, Netgear and Ubiquiti
- Experience maintaining Microsoft Exchange and Office 365 environments
- Experience with physical network infrastructure, including installation, termination, and troubleshooting
- Experience with maintaining and troubleshooting Windows server environments
- Strong ability to troubleshoot and solve complex issues within the IT environment
- Strong interpersonal communication skills, oral and written
- Strong customer service skills
- Strong abilities to read, create, update, and interpret technical documentation
- Ability to prioritize tasks and work independently, while closely collaborating with management
- Passionate about IT and actively seeking to expand knowledge
- Must have a valid drivers license and working vehicle
Most work takes place remotely from our main office in Red Hook, NY. However, travel to client locations is required for this job position. PCA does not offer company vehicles, you must provide your own transportation between client sites. Most sites are within a 1-hour radius of the main office, but we do maintain sites further away, including Albany, New York City, and northern New Jersey.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions:
This position may be required to work evenings, weekends and holidays, as well as occasional after hours and rotational on-call duties.
- Able to lift, carry, or otherwise move and position a minimum of 40 pounds on an occasional basis, with assistance.
- Must be able to carry computers and associated equipment.
- Manual dexterity to operate a computer and other common office equipment on a constant basis.
- Auditory and visual acuity to operate computers, phones, mobile devices and basic office equipment on a constant basis.
- Ability to work for extended periods sitting, bending, reaching, and speaking on a constant basis.
- Ability to work for extended periods standing, walking, kneeling, pushing and pulling on an occasional basis.
- Talking and listening occur continuously in the process of communicating with clients, vendors, supervisors and other employees.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Salary & Benefits:
- Salary range based on experience and certifications
- Health and Dental benefits
- Paid vacation and paid holidays
- Bonuses available
- Company match 401k program
An Equal Opportunity Employer:
Professional Computer Associates is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is dedicated to the principles of equal employment opportunity in any term, condition, or privilege of employment.